At Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc, we know that selecting a company you can trust to do AC repair in Racine is important. We get how important it is to find a dependable company that does good work. We can help. Figuring out the answers to these questions can help you make a confident, educated decision.
- How long have you been in business? A company that has been around a long time with long-term employees is usually a good one.
- Is your company insured? Any expert that works in your home should possess liability insurance to protect you in the case of accidental damage or injury.
- What kinds of licenses and certifications do your technicians carry? A truly professional AC repair company will require their technicians to be licensed, certified, and require ongoing education and training of their technicians to keep them up-to-date with the latest trends and developments.
- Do you have any references you can offer? A dependable company that offers AC repair should have a list of references they’ll readily provide you. Look at these references and figure out all the details about AC repairs the prospective company has performed.
- Will you provide a written estimate? Be sure to get a written estimate so you can check all the details involved with your AC repair. And remember, the cheapest estimate isn’t always the best estimate. Your detailed estimates should help you get rid of companies you aren’t wanting to work with, no matter how much less they are.
- Do your technicians have experience working on my system? You may want to ensure the company you go with has experience working on your specific equipment, especially if it contains any less-common features.
- Will my AC repairs be warrantied? Work supported by a warranty is a no-brainer. If a company isn’t fine with standing behind their work, you should probably move on.
If you’d like any more information about AC repairs and would like to talk about these questions with us, give Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc a call at 262-358-9468. We’re happy to help!