It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like being informed when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a variety of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the greatest savings you can. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to tell you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc in Racine has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 262-358-9468.