With warmer temperatures close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc professional perform air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system operating well for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify possible concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc a call at 262-358-9468.