Having standard air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Racine season, have the experts at Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc today at 262-358-9468.