Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Racine are not the best time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc in Racine will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 262-358-9468 and stay comfortable this summer.