Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Racine is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc in Racine at 262-358-9468 today.