There’s no getting around the changing weather in Racine, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees may help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures drop in Racine. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the pros at Keystone Heating & Air Conditioning Co., Inc a call at 262-358-9468 to start saving a little more today.